Notice of CDR Board of Director Elections 2018
The CDR Board of Directors is composed of at least 6 Directors. Any one in a management position within a full member company can stand to be elected on to the Board. Not more than one representative from a member company may serve on the Board.
Election to the Board is for a maximum term of three-years. This year we are electing three members of the Board. The role and responsibilities of the Directors are set out below.
As part of your application, you will need to have written consent from your employer that they are willing to release you for the time commitment involves. You will also need a short written statement that demonstrates the skills and expertise you will bring to the Board. The statement, along with a career profile, will be made available to members ahead of the election.
The deadline for submitting applications will be one month ahead of the AGM. A full list of candidates will be made available once the deadline has closed for submission on Friday 30th March 2018.
CDR Directors will be elected by secret ballot and the results will be announced at the AGM.
Following the AGM the Directors can elect to appoint up to two additional Directors for the year should the composition of the Board be unrepresentative of the sector and membership.
Directors participate with others in the effective governance of the CDR. They are responsible for the management of the company’s business, providing leadership and supervising the management of the organization. This includes:
• Ensuring that CDR complies with the requirements set out in the Articles of Association and meets the requirements of all relevant company legislation including filing accounts with HMRC and Companies House, compliance and audit.
• Ensuring CDR and its members comply with the Code of Conduct
• Reviewing and approving annual budgets and ensuring there are adequate systems for financial planning, budgeting, recording of income and expenditure, reporting and financial management.
• Setting Membership fees
• Assisting with the appointment of the Executive Director, to whom management of the organization is delegated, providing guidance as required and reviewing performance of the post-holder and his/her team to ensure accountability to members
• Periodic line management of the Executive Director, spokesperson duties and Chairmanship of CDR, based on the company hosting the Executive Director
• Assisting with the recruitment of new directors and ensuring that the Board has the appropriate skills, knowledge, structure, responsibilities and composition to fulfill its purpose
• Risk management and ensuring CDR is in possession of all necessary insurances
• Approving new members and sub-committees
5th Feb: Notice of AGM and Elections
30th March: Close of nomination period
3rd April: Voting opens
27th April: Voting closes
1st or 2nd May: AGM & Annual Dinner